Need a book while the library’s closed? Or for that paper due tomorrow? Try an ebook!
This year, the whole UW System is conducting an ebook pilot project. Instead of each campus library buying ebooks individually, the whole System is purchasing ebooks together so they can be shared between institutions. During the pilot project, you have access to over 13,000 ebooks from Wiley Online Library.
That means you can find books on almost any topic and access them immediately from your computer. The database covers topics ranging from the sciences to philosophy, from nursing to business. Watch the (silent) video below for a sample search (Psst! Clicking on the teeny rectangle in the lower right corner of the video will enlarge it to full screen).
Ready to get started? There are two ways to access the ebooks:
1) Through the A-Z Databases list
- First, click on the “Articles” tab on the library homepage
- Then, click on the “Databases A-Z” link
- Select the “T-Z” tab on the A-Z Article Resource List LibGuide
- Scroll down to click on Wiley Online Library*
- Search in the database, making sure to select “Books” from the “Publication Type” list on the right side of the results page
2) Use the Search@UW “Everything” box
- Type your keywords in the search box on the library homepage
- On the left side of the screen, in the “Refine My Results” section, click on “Books” under “Resource Type”
- Also on the left side of the screen, click on “Wiley Online Library” under “Collection”
- The results will include only ebooks and ebook chapters from Wiley Online Library
- To view a specific chapter or book, click on the title.* On the middle right of the screen, in the “Chapter Tools” section, select “Get PDF.”
From there, you can print or download the material, or read it online.
*If you are on campus, you will automatically be logged in and able to see ebook content. If you are off-campus, you will be asked to log in using your campus username and password.